¶ 2 Leave a comment on block 2 0
¶ 16 Leave a comment on block 16 0
- Following Spr. 601. Ibn al‑Firkāḥ explicitly quotes only the first part, وأصول الفقه طرقه على سبيل الإجمال , but the commentary that follows makes the most sense as a paraphrase of the rest of the sentence, whose language it echoes closely, and which Ibn al‑Firkāḥ must have had in the matn before him.
- In Spr. 601 a marginal note marked خ indicates that the later scribe who checked the text found ومن أبواب in another copy.
- In Spr. 601 a marginal note marked ح indicates that the later scribe who checked the text found والمطلق والمقيد added at this point in another copy. Al‑Juwaynī does not devote a separate section to these terms, but covers them in his discussion of
- Al‑Juwaynī does not list chapter 11, which he considers a mere parenthetical section.
- This is the list of topics as given in Spr. 601 and in one of SH’s mss, Riyadh 5878. Other mss of Ibn al‑Firkāḥ, however, show that he did not quote the whole list, saying only وأبواب أصول الفقه أقسام الكلام إلى قوله وأحكام المجتهدين .